Thursday 22 January 2015

All The Colours Of The World


(Our world is so beautiful, it's filled with people of different size, shape & shade - how lucky are we!)



My world has all the colours of the rainbow
smudged altogether in one city.


The fragrance of cumin and turmeric, coco and jerk, ginger and nutmeg too,
umm how I love the smell of diversity.


Our tongues twist and turn to speak the language of truth,
my city is a mix-match of melody tunes.


Some come tall, some come small, some come thin, some come stout


Where I live is a place of zigzags, curly-whirls and swirls.
The wonderful patterns of the world.


The air is hot then it’s cold, arctic and humid,
it’s a concoction of confusion,


still, I love it because the sky is blue then its grey, purple then black
It embraces the colours of you and I.


I love my world because it’s filled with zeal and zest,
and painted with a brush of different strokes.


In all our difference we are still the same,
because our hearts beat the same sweet truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment